Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Focus
Last week was incredible. Workouts were hit hard, time management was on point and the weekend was a blast. I finally feel as though I'm getting on track as far as routine, and my future plans are finally aligning with my current goals. 
A short meeting with my adviser last week really helped me straighten out where I want to go as far as academics next semester. I plan on doing a bit more research on potential majors but the mindset of "helping others" seems to reside in my general study interest.
It's carried over into the work place and social life as well; I've been more generous helping friends and even strangers (enter crying girl in a bathroom Saturday night) but have also begun devoting more time to my own studies/ personal time.
Personal time of course= gym. I had a nice session this morning sans headphones because I wanted to focus on each movement and have all senses, including hearing, about me. It made it easier to focus and also saved me time, and this "concentration" thing really has me a lot more sore lately. 
I'm learning how much quality matters lately. With workouts, friendships, relationships and work. Schoolwork and even working as a Pass Checker in the fitness center are so much more beneficial and fulfilling when I put my max effort in. I feel I sacrificed my first two exams because the quality of my work and studying was poor. The gym exemplifies this practice perfectly. I use the same weight for say, squats. I concentrate on the movement and contract each muscle as tightly as I can. I'm ten times more sore than I'd be if I sped through the workout. The quality of the workout, as well as everything in life, is everything.
So this weeks life hack: quality! Focusing on grades, health, and the quality of my relationships with people has already begun to make my life more enjoyable. bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment